Thursday, February 9, 2017

My Visual Voice

Artist on the Loose
A blog by an artist
Sharing what I do and see and hoping it inspires you!

Feb 5, 2017
THE CREATIVE LIFE FOR THE CURIOUS 
©2017 Shephard Fairey We The People



The Artist role can be very powerful. A visual can be emotionally compelling, packed with information, psychologically persuasive and defended with passion. In light of the United States current political climate, I have been very keen on the role of the artist. Not only am I using  my art to process and protest the new administration but I have been following how other artists are using their “voice” (visual voice, written voice, and performance voice) to make their own impact. Just like our actual voice, the visual voice takes many forms. Sometimes it whispers, other times it sings and often it screams. 


ARTIST TIPS FOR THE MOTIVATED

If you are an artist or aspiring creative use your art to truly reflect your voice. And use that voice to speak about what is current and important to you. Artists are the keepers of culture so play your part.  

SHARING FOR THE GENEROUS
©Pattie Byron Don't Grab my Pussy Jan 2017
Share your visual voice on my Instagram account. https://www.instagram.com/pattiebyron/  or email me your picture at pattiebyron@mac.com. Add your artistic voice by posting your political and social art. Make sure you add © (use “option” “g” on a Mac)   with date, your name, title, medium, dimensions (hxwxd)  and price or “NFS” (not for sale) along with a link to your webpage or contact. For example:

©2017 Arty Gal 
The American
Acrylic on canvas
24” x 24” x 2”


No comments:

Post a Comment